Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling

I had an annoying and frustrating couple of days and wanted to read something that was comforting. What better thing to read than Harry Potter - I've been meaning to reread the series for ages, and because I am participating in the Hogwarts Reading Challenge, I get Hufflepuff house points for reading them too. Win on all possible fronts.

I love this series. It's well done, well thought out, and the author is obviously working from a plan (or worked, now that the series if complete, but you reader[s] know what I mean), rather than just making things up as they occur to her (i.e., the Series of Unfortunate Events, um, series, and other substandard series that are supposedly designed for kids/young adults). On this reread I realized just how much I love and admire the character of Neville Longbottom. I identify with him in many ways and I just love him for who he is. I also absolutely adore the Weasley twins. I wish I had had cool schoolmates like them when I was Harry's age. Such a wonderful series of books for a reader of any age. And 6 more to go, hooray! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment