Sunday, April 17, 2011

How Dolly Parton Saved My Life - Charlotte Connors

Another random find at the library that turned out to be a book for the ROYCZ Challenge! I scrutinize books for potential religious content but this one sneaked up on me. Sometimes it's hard for me to relate to mothers in fiction, as I don't have kids, and it's also hard to relate to the way things are sometimes done in the south of the U.S., as I am from the northern part and it can seem like a different country altogether, but at the same time there are universal themes I can relate to. I particularly liked the character of Daisy and any book that has a link (however tenuous) to Dolly Parton is OK in my book, as Dolly seems like a cool lady. Overall it was an OK chick lit type book (another genre I don't normally read), despite the religious content.

No comments:

Post a Comment