Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Attack of the Theater People - Marc Acito

This is the sequel to How I Paid for College and it was even more entertaining than the previous book. There is a scene that takes place in a restaurant that involves disguises that I am still laughing about. I was sorry to finish the book because I wanted to keep reading about the narrator and his friends and what they get up to. I hope there is another book in this series!

Oh, and to keep from feeling like a hypocrite, there are farfetched things that happen in this book as well as College but for some reason they work within the book a little better than the events in Tales of the City for me. I think it's because Tales seems mostly very true to life and so the farfetched events stand out more, whereas in these books it seems more organic to the book's overall feel. Also, apparently people in the 80s did drugs too, not just Baby Boomers. There, I feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment