Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin

I told you I would read more in the series! After I read the first book, I made a list-style review, so I will repeat that for the sake of continuity.

Things I liked about this book:
1. The writing is still well done.
2. I still mostly enjoy the characters, and the character that annoyed me quite a bit in the last book didn't bug me so much this time.
3. It's still fun to read about places in San Francisco that are familiar to me.

Things I sort of didn't like about this book:
1. Baby Boomers evidently did a lot of drugs back in the late 1970s. That explains a lot about them.
2. Some of the events that take place toward the end of the book are far fetched and crazy again, but for some reason it didn't bug me as much this time.
3. No mention of Tab this time - BOO! :(

I will happily pick up the sequels and read them although I will probably do so later in the summer as I have a pile of library books to get through in May and I'm doing another library ban in June. 


As a side, semi-related note, although I am of course counting this for the GLBT Reading Challenge, I don't want to rely on just a few writers who wrote multiple books to fulfill my 15 books, I intend to read a variety of writers so that I can discover more writers that I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment