Monday, May 30, 2011

The Life of Elizabeth I - Alison Weir

Another interesting book about the Tudor monarchy in England. I just wish there were more images to go with it, such as images of the actual documents that are quoted/referenced in the book as original sources written by the Queen herself, etc. It's amazing to me that we still have documents that old and that some of them are viewable in museums, libraries, etc. Elizabeth is a lot like her father, Henry VIII, but seems to have had more of a level head when it came to matters of the heart than her father.

In a side note, this is the last library book I have and I am going to take a break from the library again in June, so as to read books I already have on hand, mainly those that pertain to the Hogwarts Challenge. Hufflepuff is currently in last place but I know we can still emerge victorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment