Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Mystery of the 99 Steps - Carolyn Keene

This book is a Nancy Drew Mystery Story, #43 to be exact. I read all of the Nancy Drew books that were available when I was a kid, and they were some of my favorites - quick reads, and I love seeing a mystery get solved.

When I found this book at the Library Sale, I had to have it, as I have a small collection of the editions of these Nancy Drew books that I loved as a kid. What can I say about them - the crazy coincidences, the police that have nothing better to do than help Nancy with her "sleuthing," the silly episodes of "danger" that occur - I can't help but love these books! They are emblematic of the simpler time that we all like to think once existed, not too long ago, that probably never really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment