Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Man in the Brown Suit - Agatha Christie

I went to the library yesterday specifically in search of a book with "brown" in the title for the Color Coded Reading Challenge. You wouldn't believe how many children's picture books have "brown" in the title - just how many picture books about brown bears does the world need? I had also forgotten about the Encyclopedia Brown series, which I think I read as a kid but I'm not sure. I rejected both these options as too easy, ha ha. In the adult realm, I discovered two mystery series that actually feature colors in the titles* - that would have made this challenge less diverse but easier had I discovered this much earlier this year! However, in both of these series the "brown" book was one of the latest, and as I have explained before, I am weirdly rigid about reading any series in order from the first book, and as it's now mid-November, I don't think I have time to read more than 6 books in a series - I have my hands full trying to keep up with my challenges right now! I will, of course, keep these series in mind for next year!

And so it was that I wound up reading this book. I hadn't read an Agatha Christie book in ages, and this one was perfect, since it wasn't part of a series. I enjoyed it, it kept me guessing and I really liked the main character. A great way to fulfill part of the Color Coded Reading Challenge.

*Edited to add - for the record, they are the Easy Rawlins series of books by Walter Moseley, and the Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment