Tuesday, November 24, 2015

In the Company of Wolves: Thinning the Herd - James Michael Larranaga

Exciting November doings here - I got an author request to review a book. How cool! I had read another book by this author, Blood Orange Soda, last year and enjoyed it, so this was a neat request. However, I realized that the book he asked me to review is actually the second in a series, and as you all know, I don't read book series out of order. A quick trip to Amazon solved that issue, and now I've read this, the first book in the series.

To be honest, the writing in this book wasn't as good as the writing in Blood Orange Soda. However, I liked the main character and the Minnesota (in January!) setting. The premise is unusual for a thriller, so that was refreshing too, and it's a fast-paced story that does keep you turning pages. If you are into what I call the "usual suspects" of suspense/thriller writing, you will probably like this book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment