Sunday, November 1, 2015

Women in Love - D.H. Lawrence

Readers, I have very mixed feelings about this book, which turned out to be a sequel to The Rainbow, which I happened to read last year. I have to say that the things I pointed out as annoying in that book were just as present, and just as annoying in this book - in fact, maybe even more so. This book is almost more of a long philosophical conversation than a "novel" in which things happen. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, of course, but in the end I felt like this book could have been half the length and not lost any of the messages that I felt the author was trying to convey. Perhaps I am not as much of a Lawrence fan as I thought I might become! In any case, I am not sorry to have read this book or the other 2 I have read since I began this blog, but I think I am safe to move on to other classic authors and other classic works for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment