Sunday, January 3, 2016

LGBTQIA Books Reading Challenge

Hooray, I found another Quiltbag challenge for 2016! This one is hosted by Alexia at Pretty Deadly Reviews, and you can read all the details and sign up here.

I'm going to go for the lowest level, Red, which is 5 books, because with all the series reading I have to do this year I am not sure if I will be reading books with a main character that will count for this challenge, so I'm going to play it safe. I know I have one book that will definitely count, and I'm sure there will be at least four more - or four more that I can discover.

I'll keep track of the books I read for this challenge in this post as I read.

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky (one of the main characters is a gay teenager; story deals in part with his struggle to have a relationship with another closeted gay teen)
2. Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen - Jazz Jennings (author is transgender; book is autobiography about growing up as a transgender girl, becoming an activist, etc.)
3. Rethinking Normal: A Memoir in Transition - Katie Rain Hill (author is transgender; book is autobiography about growing up as a transgender girl, becoming an activist, etc.)
4. Some Assembly Required: The Not-So-Secret Life of a Transgender Teen - Arin Andrews (author is transgender; book is autobiography about growing up as a transgender boy, becoming an activist, etc.)
5. Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family - Amy Ellis Nutt (nonfiction book about trans woman)
6. Luna - Julie Anne Peters (LGBT author; book is about a trans woman)
7. Always - Nicola Griffith (LGBT author; main character is a lesbian)

No comments:

Post a Comment