Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Redeemer - Jo Nesbø

Has an author ever made you so angry while reading that you've wanted to (at least) write a strongly worded message detailing all the ways in which s/he has upset you? Something happens in this book that has made me so angry I could seriously spit tacks. I think steam might be coming out my ears. I will even confess that I made faces at the author's photo on the back of the book, which is super childish but I couldn't help it. Let me just scream it out here

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thanks, I feel a little better.

Aside from making me Very Upset, this book was entertaining. The story is super fast paced and keeps moving. I still really like Harry Hole as a character, even when I want to grab him by the shoulders and give him a good shake. The slow resolution (?) of some past events is great. And the best part is that I can FINALLY read the 7th book in the series, which has been waiting in the TBR pile. So all in all I am still angry but also entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment