Thursday, March 31, 2016

March - This Month in Reading

Ok readers, I have made an effort to stop repeating this time-flies sentiment in every month-end wrapup post, but I honestly can't believe it's going to be April 2016. It really feels like I was just doing the usual end-of-year-mad-reading-dash to finish up some 2015 challenges!

Last month, I wrote that I wanted to read 12 books, and get started reading books from my TBR pile in March. I just missed my goal, reading 11 books, but I did in fact get started reading from the TBR pile, so I'm happy with that. I think that since today is the end of the first quarter of 2016, a quick challenge status report is in order:

Back to the Classics Challenge - 4/12 books read - not bad! I'm happy with this.

Mount TBR Challenge - 14/60 books read - I'd have to read 5 books per month to keep up a good steady pace for this challenge, and this is just one book off, so I'm happy with this as well.

Color-Coded Reading Challenge - 5/9 books read - excellent! Looks like white and brown (as usual) will be my problem color categories this year. Suggestions appreciated!

Read It Again, Sam - 3/16+ books - slow start, but I think this will work out OK.

2016 Banned Books Challenge - 2/3 - 5 banned or challenged books read - so this one is doing fine. I'm hoping to read more than 5, but if it doesn't work out, I'll be OK.

Books in Translation - 13/10 - 12 books read - well, I guess this challenge is technically completed! LOL I will check in to moving up into a different category, since I know I have more translated books that I will be reading.

French Bingo 2016 - 1 book read so far - I need to get moving on this one. I plan to read some foreign-language books this summer so that will help, if I don't manage to read any other applicable books soon.

Literary Loners Reading Challenge 2016 - 12 books about loners, introverts, etc. read so far - it helped that Harry Hole is a loner, so there were a few books right there.

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge - 21/26 books read so far - I'm still missing books with titles beginning with J, U, V, X and Z - suggestions appreciated!

TBR Pile Challenge - 1/12 challenge and 0/2 bonus books read so far - this one got off to a slow start because I chose books from a series, etc., but this should pick up considerably in April.

LGBTQIA Reading Challenge - 1/5 books read - another slow start that I'm hoping picks up soon.

All in all, this is not too bad!

For April, I'd like to read at least 12 books, and I'd really like to concentrate on challenge books. I've decided to take a break from the library for the next couple months, so I can work on the books I have on hand. Possibly this summer I'll have to do some more challenge-related library book reading, since I have more series books in the TBR Pile Challenge list, but I hope to be in good shape otherwise.

How was your first quarter of 2016 reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment