Thursday, September 15, 2011

Elegance - Kathleen Tessaro

I wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. Maybe I'm just not used to chick lit type books, but for some reason I didn't take to this book as much as I wanted to. I love makeovers and stories about people who are able to change their lives for the better, so I was hoping for a light read about something like that. Instead there is a lot of angst and actual mental problems and illnesses, which I didn't expect at all.

Overall, I didn't dislike this book, but I didn't love it either. I wanted to like the main character but some of things she did in the book were so stupid it just annoyed me - it didn't seem realistic. Maybe the author was trying too hard to create a book that would translate well into a screenplay or something. Also, there were some times in the book that appear to be flash-forwards, but these were done clumsily so that it left me feeling vaguely confused about the time that elapses in the course of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment