Sunday, September 11, 2011

Six Degrees of Separation - John Guare

Not sure what to make of this play - I guess because it was originally written and published in 1992, it's about Baby Boomers, and how the way they view the world makes them vulnerable to con artists that approach them just the right way. Also, just as with Less Than Zero, I am never sure what to make of the theme "some really wealthy people are searching for a deeper meaning in life than parties and spending money." If you're that wealthy, JUST DO SOMETHING! What am I missing? It's not like you are slaving away at some 9 - 5 job getting mediocre pay and then have to come home and clean the house etc. - find something meaningful to do with all of your money and time. Or some of your money and time. If I had that kind of money, I could fill up my days with classes and learning and reading and travel and research projects and I could certainly find meaningful ways to spend money for charities I support - even if it was anonymously. Maybe I am missing the point entirely, if so, please enlighten me!

No comments:

Post a Comment