Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December - This Month in Reading

Well, December was a banner month for my reading in 2013, but not necessarily for the right reasons. Mainly, I woke up out of my stupor, realized just how far behind I was on my challenge reading, and decided to rally and finish the challenges at all costs. So for the last couple weeks of December, I woke up earlier than normal to read, blew off the evening TV and Internet surfing to read (not a bad thing at all, really) and just generally devoted more time to reading. I managed 13 books in all, although a couple of those were kids-type books and consequently easy, fast reads, etc.

For January, I am going to aim high. I would like to finish at least 1 book for the challenges I have chosen books for (the TBR Pile Challenge and the Back to the Classics Challenge) and 1 for each of the other challenges I have signed up for, which would be a total of 5 books, most (if not all) of which are on my TBR Pile right now anyway. Obviously that is more than possible, if I order my day properly, so I am going to work on these new habits for 2014.

Anyone else do a crazy amount of last-minute challenge reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment