I'll update this post with the books I have read and links to the reviews, etc., as I read in 2014.
Merci à Emma du blog Words and Peace pour accueillir ce défi!
If you haven't joined already, please do, and leave me a comment with any book ideas!
1. The Man in the Iron Mask - Alexandre Dumas (French author; set in France; originally published in French)
2. Bel Ami - Guy de Maupassant (French author; set in France; originally published in French)
3. The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres - Marie Letourneau (French author; set in France; includes French language)
4. La Canne de Jonc - Alfred de Vigny (French author; book in French; set in France)
5. 35 kilos d'espoir - Anna Gavalda (French author; book in French; set in France)
6. The North China Lover - Marguerite Duras (French author; book set in French colony of Indochine)
CHALLENGE COMPLETED DEC. 2014!
To wrap up, I have to say, this was a good challenge for me. I was nervous to read actual books in French but that worked out fine - I read pretty fast in English, so reading in French is much slower going, but I now have more confidence to read more. And reading about France is always rewarding, even if it's in English :) So Merci mille fois à Emma! I look forward to doing Emma's 2015 challenge - go check it out!