Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Color-Coded Reading Challenge 2014

I literally just finished this challenge for 2013 about an hour ago, and I must say, I do NOT recommend that! It was due to my overall lack of reading this year - I read a few books for the challenge, but then I needed to hit the library for the majority of the books, and I just didn't manage, etc. etc. But the good news is I was able to skate by this year, so all's well that ends well and all that, I guess. In fact, the lack of books on hand for this challenge and my overall lack of reading this year made me really think about whether I should join up for 2014 or not; but ultimately, I decided that I really like this challenge, and it has led me to discovering some really amazing books I might not otherwise have found out about, so what the heck. I have a couple books I can use, and I had already decided to hit the library for the Harlem Renaissance Challenge, so what the hey. I'll figure it all out.

So here are the categories, and I'll be updating the list with the titles and links for the books I have read as I read them, and etc.

*Read nine books in the following categories.

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title. - Blue Asylum - Kathy Hepinstall

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title. - Cities of the Red Night - William S. Burroughs

3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title. - We Are the Goldens - Dana Reinhardt

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title. - Lights Over Emerald Creek - Shelley Davidow

5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title. - The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title. - The Blackhouse - Peter May

7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title. - The Reflections of Queen Snow White - David Meredith

8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.). - Blood Orange Soda - James Michael Larranaga

9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.). - The Rainbow, D.H. Lawrence

I'd like to thank Bev at My Reader's Block for hosting this challenge again - go sign up and then leave me a comment with any book recommendations! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment