Monday, March 10, 2014

Tommy's Tale - Alan Cumming

Alan Cumming is a favorite actor of mine, but apparently I have been WAY out of the loop on his recent career, since I somehow missed this book, which was first published in 2002 (!). I spotted it on the Library Sale shelves, ascertained that the author was, indeed, THAT Alan Cumming, and figured his talents were sure to extend to writing a novel.

I wasn't wrong; this was a fast, enjoyable read that is admittedly not for prudes of any sort*. I admit that there were things about the main character that baffled me, but he wasn't unlikeable even so. Now I have to catch up on a bunch of shows and movies I've apparently missed - sorry AC!

*If you watch HBO shows you're probably OK, if not, you might want to have your pearls handy for clutching ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment