Friday, September 18, 2015

As If! The Oral History of Clueless, as Told by Amy Heckerling, the Cast, and the Crew - Jen Chaney

Like, you probably wouldn't guess this about me, but I'm like a major fan of the movie Clueless. It's such a clever comedy, full of witty lines, and it's just so... bright and happy and fun. I think it's right up there with some of my favorite classic comedies, like Some Like It Hot, His Girl Friday, the Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby, Topper, and Duck Soup. So when I somehow stumbled on this book while searching for something completely unrelated in the library catalog, I had to read it immediately.

Virtually everyone who was involved with the film is represented in this book, and it's great to hear the stories about creating and making the movie in first-person narratives. The book also dives into this movie's influence on popular culture, and how it boosted the careers of many of the people involved with it. It's a fun, fast read and it made me want to rewatch my DVD so I could spend a little more time in Cher Horowitz's world. This would be a great gift for that Clueless fan in your life (especially if that fan is you! :) ) this holiday season! Recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment