Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September - This Month in Reading

September turned out to be a much better reading month for me - I read a total of 14 books, most of which were for challenges. As always I was hoping to read a few more, but after a summer of not as much reading as I wanted, this is a great result.

Speaking of challenges, since September marks the end of the 3rd quarter of the year, I'd like to do a quick check-in on all of my challenges:

Back to the Classics Challenge - 7/12 books, and I have plans to finish the rest ASAP, so this one's looking good.

Mount TBR Reading Challenge - 30/60 books, so far; I would like to be farther along, of course, but I am confident I can summit again this year. Or make it all the way back down from the summit, which I reached last year.

Read It Again, Sam - 9/12 rereads completed, one per month as planned, this one is looking great.

TBR Pile Challenge - 9/12 TBR Pile books and 1/2 alternates completed so far. I am confident that I can complete this challenge again this year.

Diversity on the Shelf Challenge - My goal was the category that allowed for 7 - 12 books and so far I have listed 15, with more to come, so this one's good.

Color Coded Reading Challenge - 7/9 books read, and a plan for the last 2, so I'm confident about this one too.

Books in Translation Reading Challenge - I've posted 10 books and I had planned for 10 - 12, so this one is basically finished, with more on the way too.

Banned Books Challenge - I've posted 6 books and had planned for 3 - 5, so this one is basically finished, but I suspect there will be a few more to come.

French Bingo 2015 - I still haven't gotten Bingo but I have more books on the way, so who knows. I may or may not actually get Bingo, but in any case it's fun to read the books, so I'm happy just to play this one.

LGBT Reading Challenge 2015 - I had planned for 3 - 10 books and I have 8 plus a short story, so this one's basically finished, although there may be more to come.

Harlem Renaissance Reading Challenge - For this challenge, I had planned for 6 - 10 books and so far I only have 4. I'm not worried, I have time to complete this challenge, and I look forward to doing so.

So there you have it... Coming in to the 4th and final quarter of 2015, things are looking OK for a strong finish to all of my reading challenges in 2015. How's your fall reading looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment