Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Memory Room - Christopher Koch

Not sure what to make of this book. The tagline promises a story that has to do with spying, and it does, although the spying is just sort of mentioned here and there, and is always tangential to the character relationships. If one removed the "spying" element, which isn't much in the forefront to begin with, the story could still take place as it does. I get that the book is meant to be more about the mentality of someone who would choose to be a spy, but I didn't feel like I even got that. I kept waiting for some kind of payoff that never came. Not to mention that one of the characters was unbelievably tiresome to me - I have no patience for people who create drama (unless they are talented playwrights, ha ha). Undecided on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment