Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Universe in Miniature in Miniature - Patrick Somerville

Wow! This is one of those books you stumble on and can't believe you didn't always know about. As I have written (too) many times, I am not the biggest fan of short stories, so this contributed to me letting this book, yet another Borders Last Days find, sit on the TBR pile for so long. Now I can only kick myself for not picking it up sooner, as I fell madly in love with it.

It started with the cover, which has directions for turning the book into a mobile, among other things. The more I read, the more I admired the elegant writing and the more I started to see things come together. Ultimately, this book struck me as being kind of ingenious. The last story did me in though - it sealed the deal in a big way. If I had time, I'd reread this book right now - but that will have to wait. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment