Friday, December 30, 2016

The Lesser Dead - Christopher Buehlman

Is it possible that I could love this author any more? No, seriously, I crack open one of his books and it's like - siiiiiiiiiigh, I'm home. OMG. This narrator is the best yet - and I love that he says right up front, I'm not a reliable narrator, etc. The vampire genre is a tad boring these days, but this author revives it handily and gives it a vitality and grace I couldn't have invented if I'd been paid to do so. This author has such a gift for description, I can't even describe it. I rarely get such a reliable interface between what I'm reading and vivid imagery, and only Christopher Buehlman delivers that. The pacing, the plot, it's all masterfully done. I can't recommend this book enough. If you read horror type books, and you're not already a fan of my fave, please, do yourself a favor and check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment