Monday, January 12, 2015

Making Up For Monday

It's been a while since I participated in this fun meme, hosted by Tiffany at An Avid Reader, A Wannabe Writer, and it's Monday, so it's high time I get back in the game!

This week's question is a good one:

What was the worst movie adaptation of a book that you have seen?

My response, off the top of my head:

Memoirs of a Geisha: I love this book, and I was disappointed with the film adaptation. I didn't think it really captured the spirit of the book, despite being decent, if too modernized to my eyes, to look at. I would have preferred more historically accurate art direction.

The Great Gatsby: I'm not sure there has ever been a really great film of this book. I've seen the Robert Redford version, but it was ages ago so I don't really remember it. I haven't seen the most recent version - when I heard the music was modern rather than accurate to the period in which the book takes place, I was disappointed, as I love the music of the early 20th century. I might check it out someday though just for kicks.

The Golden Compass: I read this book many years ago and I don't remember being impressed with the movie - although I don't have a strong memory of either, to be honest. Maybe I should reread this book and read the rest of the series if I ever clear my TBR Pile!

Which movie versions of books have you shaking your head?



No comments:

Post a Comment