Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Days of Anna Madrigal - Armistead Maupin

Since I happened to have this book on hand I didn't hesitate to read it ASAP. It's a fitting entry into this beguiling series that has carved itself a permanent niche in my consciousness. I even shed some tears at the end of the book, which is unusual for me (I'm not much of a crier) - and not for reasons you might expect. I guess these books make me react to the idea of people getting the chance to be who they really are and to have a real chance at happiness. These books make me sentimental for something, but I'm not really sure for what exactly - I guess they make me sentimental for "home" in the sense of someplace each person can feel loved and happy and comfortable and (at least mostly) understood. And they make me feel sad for people who don't get that chance.

OK I'll stop my pseudo-philosphical ramblings now, and I'll close with this observation: "Amber waves of evil" would make a great tag line for something. Oh, and I am now impatiently waiting for the next part of the series...!

No comments:

Post a Comment