Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Blog Name - The Dilettante Bookworm

I'm happy to announce my new blog name - The Dilettante Bookworm! Dictionary.com provides the following definition of dilettante: "a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for amusement" and that applies to me - I love to read books and study random subjects just for pleasure, not to make a living or something.

I'm conveniently overlooking the rest of the definition: "...especially in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler" but sadly that sometimes applies too; if I had unlimited time and money things might be different, but for now I'm content to dabble in whatever I find interesting. And there are so many interesting things in this world! I guess I'm a dilettante because there are so many things that interest me in life. Yes, that's much more positive :)

So now in my fifth (!) year of book blogging, I have a blog name I won't look askance at every year, thinking, "I should really update or change that name - but to what?" I am not going to change the URL so it will still be reading2011.blogspot.com - so there shouldn't be a need to update bookmarks or anything.

If anyone knows an easy way to center the blog name, please let me know in the comments, as I couldn't figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment