Monday, January 26, 2015

Seeker - Arwen Elys Dayton

I enjoyed this YA book, the first in a new series. In looking around the Internet, I see a lot of reviews where the reader was hopelessly confused by this book, and I don't really get that; I didn't have too much trouble figuring things out as I read. I was able to put two and two together for the most part. I enjoyed the narration, which takes on the point of view of various characters, so we learn about their varying motivations and backstories and piece together the story that way. The overall story is fast-paced and had an original premise.

Having said all that, I must ask - do we describe an Asian person's eyes as "slanted" in 2015? That description seemed jarring to me, but maybe it's just me. One other thing - YA authors, PLEASE stop the love triangles. Please. It's become too much of a cliche. It's starting to feel lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment